Friday, April 11, 2008

The benefits of a good education

It was back to school for Milaka this week, and I can best describe this new quarter as the beginning of an entirely new chiropractic education. This quarter, the program is focused on diagnosing various diseases that we may encounter in our practice. We've learned how to perform a blood draw and then were able to do it to each other (it won't be the only time, we'll be doing this every week, along with examining other bodily fluids including #1&#2). We've also learned how to do a standard eye exam, perform a basic check of the nervous system, do some standard muscle testing, and best of all learned how to check for prostate cancer (luckily we didn't have to practice this one on each other).

4 comments:

Noelle said...

I almost feel like a chiropractor myself. I examine Rachel's bodily fluids (including - or rather almost exclusively #1 and #2). Good times!

Malauna said...

And all I can say about this is, who knew? I thought chiropractors only worried about back pain.

Shanda said...

I'm glad you're including that you don't do prostrate exams on each other. I don't know how you'd be able to look each other in the eye, otherwise! Boy, I can tell you really need a sense of humor in your area of study!

Luella said...

Hey Milaka! I didn't know that you are studying to be a chiropractor - good for you!