Monday, March 2, 2009

The team that plays together stays together


Last week in an attempt to overcome sibling bickering and get our family to work together as a team, we decided to go on a hike around Multnomah falls. We began the hike from the car in extremely windy weather, were well protected from the wind once we got into the trees, but then were confronted with the uphill climb, and then completed the last third of the hike in the rain. Did I forget to mention that it was a 5.9 mile hike? Doug and I had a great time and I think the kids learned something about getting along as well....

4 comments:

Shanda said...

Sounds like a great "team builder" to me! Happy Birthday Milaka. I love you!

Malauna said...

I love Doug's look in that picture. He looks really happy to be there. 5.9 miles sounds like a wonderful hike in lush greenery with a waterfall. Beautiful.

Luella said...

Happy Birthday Milaka! I look forward to warmer weather so we can go hiking.

The Fieldings said...

Man, Oregon is beautiful. What a way to enjoy it.